Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hilarity Ensues

So, neurosci is borderline unbearable to study for. The lecture notes are organized terribly, most of the professors probably haven't taken a teaching workshop in years (if ever), and I just don't like the subject all that much. Needless to say, I won't be a neurologist (or psychiatrist, since I think they take the same Board exam).

BUT what I've found is that making a review PowerPoint of neurosci makes studying tolerable, and even borderline fun. o_O That's just disturbed, but it's true. PowerPoint now is just so . . . pretty. And I can re-organize the notes in a way that makes way more sense than the order it was taught in. Only 4 more lectures left to go.

And all this studying for finals next week is making me fat. I haven't exercised at all in over 2 weeks. Blorp. At least my caloric intake has decreased some, since if I don't exercise, I don't get that hungry very often. But perhaps I should regulate my food intake a bit stricter still . . . since it'll be a while before I'm able to exercise again (or motivate myself to at least).

Anyway, none of that is particularly hilarious.

I rediscovered KevJumba on YouTube a couple days ago. I re-watched this YouTube vid:

Still just as hilarious. Especially at about 1:40 minutes. Haha, the way he jerks his dad around, and his dad's exclamations in Chinese. :-P

And here's him over a year later on JumbaFund:

Just as funny, hehe.

Although, I must admit, he's pretty cute now. *Blushes* He doesn't look like quite an Asian stick anymore (unlike my brothers), lol. It almost looks like he's been working out a little in that year. Also, this kid has great facial expressions. I must also confess that I find people with great facial expressions attractive.

So yeah, if you find his stuff funny, watch more of his YouTube vids. Each view generates money (since he got that Google partnership thing on YouTube) that he donates to charities.

6 comments:

Seth said...

Make sure you keep up your diet and exercise - once you start to lose track it's a slippery slope.

Good luck with the finals!!

Biki Honko said...

I have sent that youtube link to several people after you sent it to me the other day. And I have no idea how many times I have watched it, and yes I do laugh each and every time when he shocks his dad.....what does that say about me? Ohhh, dont tell me, I dont wanna know!

Some people should never be allowed to "teach". I had a few of those in my time in schools, and felt like they were just marking time, no effort was put out by them at all! Keep your head up, you're almost at the finish line!

Aek said...

Seth: Lol, too late. :-P

Biki: Haha, KevJumba has his own website now up and running at: http://www.kevjumba.com/

Ron: Yeah, neurosci sucks. :-/ BUT! I finished my neuro review PowerPoint. :-D If you want to see it, email me and I'll send it to ya.

And Kev's dad is pretty epic, lol.

Anonymous said...

Aww, he IS cute. ^_^

His dad is so frikkin hilarious. It looks like he also has a good sense of humor, though.

tracy said...

I LOVE Kev Jumba! His dad is so cute and funny. i especially like the one titled "You're So Asian".

tracy said...

Oops, maybe it was called "I Love my Dad"....sorry 'bout that.....